NOTICE OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
TO THE UNITHOLDERS OF XENO UGANDA UNIT TRUST FUNDS
(Licensed and Registered as Unit Trusts in accordance with The Collective Investment Schemes Act No. 4 of 2013 and The Collective Investment Schemes (Unit Trusts) Regulations, 2003 – Laws of Uganda)
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that pursuant to Regulation 122 of The Collective Investment Schemes (Unit Trusts) Regulations, 2003; and in compliance with the Guidelines issued by the Capital Market Authority – Market Notice No. 1/2020 pursuant to The Public Health (Control of Covid-19) Rules 2020, an ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING of the Unit Holders of the XENO Uganda Unit Trust Funds (hereafter, ‘The Funds’ ) (comprising; XENO UGANDA MONEY MARKET FUND, XENO UGANDA BOND FUND, XENO UGANDA DOMESTIC EQUITIES FUND and XENO UGANDA REGIONAL EQUITIES FUND) will be held virtually via video conferencing facility on 26th October 2020 from 10:00 AM to 11:00 AM to conduct the following business:
- Constitution of the Meeting: To read the Notice convening the Meeting, table the proxies and record the presence of a quorum.
- To receive, consider and if deemed fit, adopt the Annual Report and Financial Statements for The Funds for the year ended 31st December 2019, together with the Fund Manager’s, Trustees and Auditors Report thereon.
- Any other matter of which notice to The Fund Manager has been duly given.
By Order of The Fund Manager
Dated: 05 October 2020
Refer to Notes below for details on registration, attendance, participation, and all other modalities of the meeting via video conference.
- The Covid-19 pandemic and the public health measures and directives passed by the Government of Uganda banning among other things, large public gatherings, have made it impossible to hold a physical Annual General Meeting (AGM) for the XENO Uganda Unit Trust Funds in the manner previously prescribed in the CIS Regulations and the Trust Deeds.
- The Unit Trust Scheme has convened and is conducting this virtual annual general meeting following the publication of Market Notice No. 1 by the Capital Markets Authority (CMA).
- A copy of this notice and the proxy form have been availed on the company’s website and a link shall be provided to all Unitholders on email.
- Any Unitholder who is entitled to attend and vote at the AGM is entitled to appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead.
- Any Unitholder can register for the AGM at the Company’s website (www.myxeno.com). Unitholders will be required to provide their full names and phone numbers, and XENO account number. Once this information is verified, AGM details will be sent to each Unitholder. For assistance, Unitholders should call or WhatsApp the following helpline number: +256 392 177 488 from 9:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. from Monday to Friday.
- Links to register via the web portal will also be sent to all Unitholders with email addresses.
- Registration of the AGM opens on 4th of October 2020 at 12.00 PM and will close on 20th October 2020. Unitholders will not be able to register after 20th October 2020 at 12.00pm
- Unitholders who wish to raise any questions or clarifications regarding the AGM may do so by sending their written questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. When sending an email, Unitholders must provide their proper and registered details (full names, email, Phone Number, and XENO Number). Following receipt of the questions and clarifications, the trustees will provide responses via email not later than 12 hours before the start of the general meeting. During the meeting, the Unitholders may ask questions on the live stream chat provided by the virtual conferencing facility.
- The AGM will be streamed live via a link which shall be provided to all Unitholders who will have registered to participate in the general meeting. The same will be sent via the Unitholder registered email and mobile number and a short message (SMS) will be sent 24 hours prior to the AGM.
- If a Unitholder is unable to log onto the meeting, they should dial or WhatsApp the following helpline number: +256 392 177 488.
- Results of the AGM shall be sent to all Unitholders within 24 hours following the conclusion of the Annual General Meeting.