XENO Investment Management Limited (“XENO”) is licensed by Uganda’s Capital Markets Authority as a Fund Manager and a Unit Trust Manager. We are a team of investment and technology professionals pioneering the use of technology to extend professional investment guidance and management to everyone using the XENO Platform. We care deeply about our customers and work hard to help them reach their financial goals using our training, experience, and knowledge.
Our mission is simple; we believe that everyone deserves access to professional investment guidance and management. In just over two years, we have pioneered goal-based automated investment management that helps people plan, save, and invest for their financial goals.
We have clients across different market segments: individual investors, small institutional investors, and large institutional investors. With our clients’ trust, we believe we can and will change the investment industry.
We are looking for a star to join our Compliance Team that runs the XENO compliance program. As a regulated entity, XENO runs a compliance program to conform to the industry rules and regulations. The roles gives the Associate internal cross-functional responsibility as well as managing relationships with external stakeholders including but not limited to regulators and external service providers.
You are eager to join a dynamic team to help build out the compliance function at the most innovative fund manager in the region. You are familiar with the applicable rules and are excited to develop your expertise in the investment management industry. You have a business mind and are always seeking new and better ways to improve practices. You are ready to roll up your sleeves and get to work in the most exciting work environment there is!
Role and Accountabilities:
Undertake the compliance monitoring programme, report on findings, make recommendations and ensure they are successfully implemented.
- Completing the monthly, quarterly, and annual compliance monitoring tasks.
- Issuing and managing the responses to the compliance affirmations issued periodically.
- Maintain and update the compliance monitoring programme and adding new tasks as they are identified.
KYC and Sanctions
- Assist in collating and reviewing KYC in respect of parties we transact with and new clients.
- Assist in reviewing and resolving sanction and PEP matches generated via the ongoing online screening process.
- Update KYC for clients in line with the requirements of the Global Anti-Money Laundering Policy.
Licensing and Certification
- Maintain the register of Licensed and Certified Persons.
- Administer and oversee the annual licensing and certification process.
- Oversee the prompt and proper creation and maintenance of key licensing and certification documentation.
- Assist with the implementation of all CMA rules and Directives.
- Prepare the CMA returns.
- Maintain key documents, databases and registers.
Technology and Innovation
- Research, develop, and implement innovative compliance workflows.
- Automate internal compliance procedures and undertake periodic checks to ensure completeness and accuracy of the data entered in XENO’s systems.
- Initiate and oversee periodic verification and validations exercises to review and confirm the completeness and accuracy of the data obtained from external data providers.
Advice and Training
- Provide advice on XENO’s policies and procedures to colleagues from investment management, investment operations, technology, and other departments.
- Respond to questions relating to compliance systems and assist in the resolution of technical queries.
- Assist in preparing compliance training.
- Participate in the wider Group Compliance.
- Assist with research into regulatory and compliance issues.
- Assist the Compliance Officer with regulatory projects (e.g. Conduct Risk & CIS regulations).
- Assist the operations team with regulatory reporting.
Required Qualifications & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree level education in law, economics, finance, statistics, and/or accounting.
- Some level of understanding of the CMA rules and regulations is preferred.
- 1 to 3 years’ experience in audit, risk or compliance role would be an advantage.
- Confident self-starter.
- Able to prioritise and work efficiently with minimal supervision.
- Able to form good working relationships with colleagues and industry stakeholders at all levels.
- Excellent communicator.
- Good intuition and ability to assess unclear situations with limited information.
- Ability to learn quickly and problem solve on the fly with limited guidance.